Friday, April 16, 2010

Smiley Face

      I am not a pothead and never have been one, yet I found Harold and Kumar to be hilarious, so I am not against stoner films, I am just against unfunny ones.  I picked this movie to watch because I am a fan of Anna Faris and think she is one of the funniest actresses working in films today.  I also noticed that the movie had a lot of funny people in small roles like Jane Lynch (Glee), Adam Brody (The OC) and John Krasinski (The Office) but holy hell was this movie unfunny.
      I have to admit, I did not watch this whole movie, so it might have gotten better, but after watching more than a half hour of it and not laughing or even smiling once, I couldn't take it anymore.  I even tried to watch it 3 times, but decided there was nothing on this earth that could have forced me to watch another second.
        The movie is ugly to look at (dull colors, Anna Faris looks awful and boring sets) unfunny and squanders the talents of many funny individuals.  Everything in this movie was either terrible or dull or both combined.  You can get enjoyment out of bad action films, dramas and sci-fi movies, but the worst thing a movie can do is not make you laugh when that is its sole purpose.  Don't waste your time on this movie, do whatever chores you have been putting off, take a nap, or do anything but watch this train wreck of a film.

No comments:

Post a Comment